This Post Fork Announcement will discuss a few relevant topics: 1. The successful fork; 2. The short term and long term plan for ANON; 3. Circulating Supply and Total Supply and 4. The financing of ANON, master nodes, and the development into perpetuity.
The ANON team was proud to announce on our Twitter the snapshot successfully occurred at 9 pm EST on September 10, 2018, at block heights:
Very excited to announce our snapshot was a success!! 💪✔
BITCOIN 540,870#ANON will be available when our mainnet goes live in the next 72hrs! ✔
— ANONymous (@ANON_WeAreANON) September 11, 2018
The ANON development team worked through the night making sure the snapshot was perfect, that the distribution of ANON successfully begun, and making sure the testnet can go live without any issues. The distribution of ANON will complete within 48 hours, due to the dedication of the lead developers.
Once the distribution of ANON occurs, the mainnet will be published on GitHub where it will be viewable to mine, set up master nodes, and be inspected by exchanges looking to add ANON shortly.
If you held your ZCL/BTC in a supported exchange, you would be automatically credited ANON once the wallet goes live. If you kept your ZCL/BTC in a supported wallet, you would similarly be credited ANON once the wallet has received them.
If your ZCL/BTC were held in a wallet where you possessed the private keys, you would have to do a basic ‘sweep’ which is described here: Pre-Fork Announcement.
The distribution of ANON coupled with the mainnet going live will complete in the next 48 hours. Our team could not be more excited to share this experience with the community and to explain the short-term plan for ANON.
Short Term Plan (Before January 1, 2019)
- Contact Coinmarketcap, Blockfolio, and many more regarding listing ANON.
- Announcing partnerships with ATMs.
- New bounty program to begin immediately with 20,000 ANON (details to be released within three days).
- Announcing new exchange listings for ANON (and possibly ZCL).
- Top exchanges will continue to be targeted, and we have made some significant strides on this front.
- A one-click masternode platform in the form of a wallet or online platform.
- Tech Upgrades: Tech Upgrades: Wallets, Masternode and Governance tools. Possible Integration of superblocks and on-chain budgets.
- Utility, utility, utility, the ANON team will begin to focus on building out the platforms for ANON’s utility (ANON Pay, Marketplaces, Point of Sale Systems, etc.).
- Continue to be present at the conferences/events the master nodes decide are worth attending.
- Token Burn on January 1, 2019, of all unclaimed ANON (the team is predicting based on the “lost BTC” and unclaimed BTC/ZCL that it is likely 10+ million ANON will be forever burned).
Mid-Range Plan (2019)
- Once the token burn has taken place, 2019 will begin with a focus on use cases for ANON along with mass adoption.
- The point of sale system that integrates ANON coupled with a debit card system (ANON Pay) are two of the primary use cases we are immediately focusing on.
- More details regarding progress to come throughout Q4 of 2018.
- Exchanges will have had ample time to review the Mainnets and those wishing to list will have done so which is why focus will shift from exchanges to the utility during Q4.
- Capitalize on advisory relationships and the ANON community.
- ANON’s advisors are some of the most important people in the crypto space, and with vast networks, we will look to have ANON implemented and utilizable in many different formats.
- The loyal ANON community may be even more impressive than our advisors. With many entrepreneurs and investors scattered among our HODLERS, we’ve been approached with brilliant ideas to implement ANON in their businesses.
- By the end of 2019 with an ambitious set of goals regarding ANON Pay and point of sale systems (combining 2 or 3 different ICO concepts into one), the ANON team has set one goal: To be a top 10 cryptocurrency. If we are top 20, we will be proud as that is a significant accomplishment in itself.
- Organic community growth, by this point we’ve had two bounty programs, and the community should be naturally growing as the ANON team provides more utility and use cases for ANON.
- Once utility and adoption of ANON occur, the long-term plan becomes keeping ANON technologically relevant.
- As blockchain upgrades are implemented on other blockchains, relevant ones will be performed on ANON’s.
- The platforms to utilize ANON will already be in place. The focus will shift to spreading awareness regarding use cases, ease of use, benefits of staking and anonymity to the world.
- The community is the backbone of ANON, and the long-term plan is to make sure they are satisfied with their ability to stake, utilize, and trade ANON.
Total Supply, Circulating Supply and The Token Burn
27 million ANON is available to be claimed, with up to another 14 million mineable. This would bring the total to approximately 41 million total ANON in circulation after mining is complete. However, circulating supply and total supply are unlikely to be close to those numbers for years to come.
With an outrageous number of BTC’s lost due to misplacing of them and an even higher number not interested in claiming their ANON (or unaware) the number of burned coins in January will likely be extremely high. With the team predicting more than 10million ANON being burned, the circulating supply on January 1 will likely be 20 million ANON or less.
As stated in the Pre-Fork Announcement, Cryptopia required that an additional 3rd UTXO set with an estimated total of their ZCL and BTC be inserted into the snapshot so that their users can take part in the claiming process. Thus, to ensure Cryptopia had the proper number of ANON we were forced to overestimate. This allowed us to bootstrap the masternode fund, treasury fund for governance, and ensure that development resources are allocated for the continuation and future success of ANON (see ANON Financing).
The total supply of ANON with the additional UTXO set airdropped is approximately 32 million ANON, with a total of 14M mineable coins, keeping the same inflation schedule and halving period, resulting in the same consistent and stable original monetary policy. However, it is likely that 10 million+ ANON will be burned as of January 1, 2018.
This means the actual circulating supply will be much closer to 20 million, and possibly far less. Regarding the cryptoeconomics of ANON, this is a very positive sign. The total circulating supply is decreasing by approximately 30% while the team is working even harder to make ANON utilizable and provide top exchanges in the coming months.
From a crypto-economic perspective, this means the ZCL HODLERS will be controlling the fate of ANON through master nodes while increasing the importance of each ANON as January 1 approaches. The first movers to begin mining and set up masternodes will receive the most block rewards, and in three months’ time, an estimated 1/3 of the total circulating supply (in unclaimed wallets) will be destroyed forever.
The ANON team has 2.5 million ANON to commit to the future of ANON development. This means we are very well positioned for the future success of ANON.
The breakdown will be as follows:
- 40% for the masternode fund, 1 million ANON (controlled and voted on by the ANON masternodes). This brings the MN total to 1,040,000 ANON and approximately 7 BTC. These funds can be spent on anything that master nodes deem worthy.
- The list can include conferences, more exchanges, sponsoring events, hosting events, partnerships, building platforms, advertising, etc.
- 20% for future dev support and development bounties. Provided to the devs over one year, this will ensure continuity and a streamlined development process crucial to the success of any coin. Maintenance on a project is one thing, but a long-term commitment to developing future platforms is an entirely different concept.
- 20% for future listings and ANON integration. 500,000 ANON held for the sole purpose of expensive exchange listings, partnerships, and integration into existing platforms.
- 20% for taxes to avoid the problems many recent forks have had. Regulations must be adhered to.
The #ANON team and community are positioned for a very impressive 2018 and an even more exciting 2019. Will you join us?