- A total of one million WAVES (approximately 2 million USD at the time of writing) is offered to entice developers to build games on the Waves blockchain.
- The gaming programme will aspire to become an absolute ecosystem for game development.
- Integration of video gaming with cryptocurrency is seen as a huge step to encourage adoption
This week, the Waves platform disclosed an initiative that encourages video game companies to build their application on their blockchain. This initiative involves offering a whopping 1 million coins (around 2 million USD according to CryptoCompare) which will be made available to various developers who pass the application process.
In a press release, the team indicated their interest in games that offer gamers some kind of digital asset.
Sasha Ivanov, Waves founder and CEO stated that the initiative was launched to highlight the versatility of their technology and stimulate its adoption in an important industry like gaming.
He further added “We are ready to reward developers for the effort they make in implementing their projects within Waves’ ecosystem.”
The Waves Gaming Programme
Their gaming programme promises to offer a comprehensive ecosystem for game development, including:
- Your own item marketplace on White Label exchange
- Easy integration with Software Development Kit (SDK)
- A seamless user experience with a mobile wallet and browser plugin
The platform has recently released smart contracts on its blockchain. Additionally, there is an ongoing development of non-fungible tokens—a key component for blockchain games that include an in-game economy.
The programme will also offer substantial assistance and advice to developers who are looking to embed functionality in their games. Necessary documentation as well as assistance in terms of technical integration will also be provided.
The team first introduced their gaming project last October 17 and 18, during the Crypto Games Conference in Minsk.
At the conference, Yuriy Naydenov, blockchain engineer challenged game developers to create a simple game on their blockchain. The three winners walked away with 750, 500, and 250 WAVES respectively.
Integrating cryptocurrencies with video games could be a significant step towards mass adoption. This is especially true if players will earn free cryptocurrency by playing the game.
In September of 2018, CryptoGlobe reported that Waves partnered with Rostec, a giant manufacturing firm from Russia. WAVES has a market cap of over $194 million and is currently trading at $1.94.