- ARK project has announced in their blog that the ARK Mobile Wallet v1.4 update is out
- The main improvement is the support for dynamic fees, a feature requested by many users
- Several other bug fixes and UI improvements are present
On February 8, 2019, ARK project announced in their blog that the ARK Mobile Wallet v1.4 update is out, and is available both for iOS and Android (if the update is not shown as available, it means that in your geographical location it will be available a little later).
Introduction of a Long-Awaited Feature
Following a large amount of ARK users requesting to add support for dynamic fees, the feature has been implemented. It allows users to decide themselves, how much are they willing to pay for the transaction. The UI offers four options:
- MIN – sends the minimum possible fee equal to 1 arktoshi or 0.00000001 ARK; it is not guaranteed that the transaction will happen. If that is the case and the transaction is not confirmed within 45 minutes, it is returned to the sender’s wallet.
- AVERAGE – sends the default, average fee.
- MAX – sends 1 ARK. This option was added to provide a layer of protection against a so-called “fat-finger error” – user sending enormous fee by accident.
- Custom – sends a custom value between 1 arktoshi and 1 ARK. Can be adjusted by either moving a slider or entering a custom value in the number field.
Various Other Improvements
Apart from dynamic fees support, the new version of wallet also boasts numerous other improvements and bug fixes. Here are some of them:
- Improved support for ARK-based chains – mobile wallet now better supports sending transactions on ARK-based chains (for example, Phantom or Qredit). This was done by introducing several new checks and verification models.
- Send button enabled in case transaction send fails — if a transaction fails due to a network problem, the user now has an option to resend it.
- Fixed amounts with higher precision – a bug where transactions with the precision of more than 8 decimal digits failed when trying to send them has been fixed.
- Search bar focus shift implemented – focus shifts to search bar when the search button is tapped on the delegate search page.
The full list of changes can be found here.