- The new version of ARK desktop wallet has been released
- It focuses on improving compatibility with hardware wallets
- Other small changes make the wallet UI easier to use
According to a blog post published on June 26, 2019, the new version of ARK desktop wallet has been released. As always, it features an array of usability and cosmetic improvements, with the highlight being better support for hardware wallets this time. Compared to the previous release, more than 4000 lines of code have been added by 10 developers.
The wallet is available for Linux, Windows, and MacOS now.
Better Support for Hardware Wallets
Due to the rising popularity of hardware cryptocurrency wallets, such as Ledger Nano S, it is important for cryptocurrency projects to ensure their software fully supports them. There are several changes ARK made to the desktop wallet to make hardware wallet users’ experience more pleasant:
- Previously, there were complaints from ARK desktop wallet users encountering a white-screen issue that occurred when they were using Ledger wallets. The issue has been solved – the ARK team completely re-implemented how Ledger gets recognized and connected. Other minor improvements to how ARK works with Ledger were introduced; Bluetooth compatibility is expected to be added in the next release.
- Ledger wallets are now prioritized (displayed first) in the wallet sidebar menu.
- The switch that was meant to hide Ledger wallets on the wallet sidebar wasn’t working – the issue is fixed now.
Some other features apart from the improved wallet integration were introduced as well. They are mostly cosmetical, although some changes to functionality were made as well:
- Option to export wallets from user’s other profiles was added.
- An issue with non-ARK chains, where the fee greater than ARK’s static fees resulted in the user not being able to send transactions, was fixed.
- Wallet address and balance were made clickable on wallets page .
- Wallet filters now use the theme colors instead of white.
The full list of changes made can be found here.
ARK Team Welcomes Contributors
ARK points out that there are various ways for how community members can help to improve the project. For example, anyone can help by translating the ARK wallet – instructions can be found here. What’s more, any user can report bugs or even help the development, earning some ARK along the way.