Google cloud has announced that it is launching a dedicated Digital Assets Team to explore the potential of blockchain-based platforms
According to the release, this new team will enable Google Cloud to better “meet clients’ demands for developing, transacting, storing value, and launching new products on blockchain-based platforms.” By focusing on blockchain applications, Google Cloud will be able to capitalize on the rapidly developing momentum around decentralized finance (DeFi) potential in the cryptocurrency sector.
Notably, the release indicates that as the new team expands, it will investigate ways to enable Google Cloud customers to create and receive payments using cryptocurrencies.
Citing firms that have already built on top of Google Cloud with blockchain and distributed-ledger technologies, such as Hedera, Theta Labs, and Dapper Labs, the release indicates that the Digital Belongings Group will undertake a number of initiatives in the short and long term, including the following:
- Offering dedicated node hosting/remote procedure call (RPC) nodes to developers, allowing customers to deploy blockchain validators on GC with a single click (“click to deploy”).
- Assist selected partners with node validation and on-chain governance.
- By supporting developers and users’ environmental, social, and governance initiatives, we can help them host their nodes on the cleanest cloud in the industry.
- Contribute to on-chain governance by involving GC executives and senior engineers.
- On our Marketplace, we host a variety of publicly available BigQuery datasets, including the complete blockchain transaction history for Bitcoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, Dash, Litecoin, Zcash, Theta, Hedera Hashgraph, Band Protocol, Polygon, XRP, and Dogecoin.
- Co-develop with Google and integrate into the company’s robust partner ecosystem, including participation in the GC Marketplace.
- Adopting collaborative go-to-market strategies with our ecosystem partners, in which GC serves as the connective tissue between traditional enterprise and blockchain technologies.