- ARK has released a new, significantly improved version of the ARK Desktop wallet
- Various user interface improvements as well as functional improvements are present
- Users can help the development by testing or improving the wallet; bounty program available
ARK project released a new version of the ARK Desktop Wallet featuring various bug fixes and usability improvements on January 30. The new version solves many existing problems, such as poor management of peers and specific types of transactions, while also bringing ARK based blockchain handling improvements. Many of the problems were discovered thanks to the feedback of the community. The physical changes to the code include 2862 lines added and 983 deleted; this was done by 4 developers in 35 commits. The release of the desktop wallet update is the latest in a series of software developments by ARK team.
User interface improvements matter
Thanks to the several tweaks the UI of ARK Desktop Wallet is now easier to use and more legible. Here are some of them:
- The wallet sidebar can now be expanded or collapsed in order to see the full address and remaining balance of the each wallet
- Design of the New Wallet / Import Wallet sections has been improved; it is now easier to create a new wallet address or to import an existing one
- It is now possible to click on the whole element containing wallet address, not just the address itself
- The design of the announcement page has been revamped. The page is now offering an option to mark all news as read
Changes under the hood
- Issues occurring when broadcasting to multiple peers eliminated
- Unnecessary delegate API calls have been removed
- Zero balance is now displayed correctly on wallet heading info; in case of switching between wallets with non-zero and zero balance, the balance from previous wallet is no longer showed
- Inconsistencies between network versions have been fixed
The full list of changes can be seen in the official ARK blog post.
How to help the development
ARK welcomes contributors. In case you found a bug it is advisable to open an issue featuring the details of the bug in ARK’s GitHub page. If you want to contribute to the code, open a pull request. It is also possible to earn ARK by helping the development via ARK Bounty program.