- The Ontology team has announced a collaboration with the insurance company Hanwha
- Both teams will work on improving the ‘Blockchain Academy’
- The team will also be able to use Dreamplus blockchain business incubator, giving blockchain startups a head-start
On January 29, Ontology announced a collaboration with the longest-running insurance company in South Korea, Hanwha Life Insurance. Both companies will be working on the Ontology based “Blockchain Academy” program.
The Blockchain Academy program which launched in June of 2018 has had over 5000 registrations since its release. Its aims are boosting the adoption of blockchain and contribution to development of the distributed ledger technology.
Simplifying the learning process
The purpose of the new Ontology blockchain development course is to speed up the process of learning how to develop dApps on Ontology, allowing beginners to quickly advance in their education. The contents of the program are:
- Developer documentation
- Private network Solo Chain
- Command line tool Ontology CLI
- Smart contract development software SmartX and VSCode Extension
- dApp development framework Punica
- SDKs and dAPIs in different programming languages
- Community-developed Chrome Extension Cyano
- Signature service
Ontology is a part of Blockchain Academy, which, in turn, is a part of DREAMPLUS, a blockchain accelerator space created by Hanwha and used by startups, as well as large companies. The office has 2,500 seats on 15 floors, making it the largest of its kind in the prestigious Gangnam district of Seoul. The main goal of DREAMPLUS is to become a hub of the blockchain industry in business, as well as research. Since its opening, 90 companies have become part of this space.
Thanks to the cooperation with Hanwha, Ontology will be able to use the Blockchain Academy and DREAMPLUS to incubate businesses and individuals interested in Ontology in the territory of South Korea. The partnership should also make it easier for new South Korean blockchain startups to emerge.
About Hanwha & DREAMPLUS
Hanwha, founded in 2014, has been helping young people to start their own businesses and get a job. DREAMPLUS is a project launched by Hanwha. In the future it is planning to further improve the quality of lectures and participate in offline events.
Anyone can access the DREAMPLUS Blockchain Academy and download course materials by signing up.