- 194 active nodes already running in the PSN network.
- Technical team constantly working on making the system bug free
Fusion recently announced to its community on medium that all the core functions on the PSN network are working smoothly. The team stated there are 194 active nodes and it’s constantly growing. Every node is actively participating in validating and securing transactions on the PSN Blockchain, demonstrating the immense power of a decentralized consensus. The PSN is an iterative process that is supposed to grow constantly, the technical team has been working on capturing the bugs in the system in real-time. This enables the team to work on it immediately.
Further the fusion team thanked its community for providing proper feedback that helped the team work on their problems. The technical team at present is grouping all the issues with the system under four major groups.
- Runtime Errors; these arise from code derived from the Ethereum protocol. The main causes for this type of errors are low memory machines (4GB) crashing regularly and the nodes outputting invalid merkle root errors.
The team is further working on solution by updating the inherited Ethereum Protocol Code to the latest version, this fixes as the changes are isolated in a separate module. The unstable Ethereum code is considered to be the reason that low memory machines are crashing regularly and also why nodes are outputting invalid merkle errors. The issues are supposed to be addressed after the update.
- Consensus, Features and functionality – code relating to proof of stake, swaps, time-lock, assets creation, autobuy ticket and more. Probable causes can be narrowed down to data retrieval being slow.
Solution to this is optimizing the previously used ‘search through array’ techniques to improve the speed of data retrieval. The team claims that the new code has already been written that uses hashmaps and linklists to improve speed, however the team says that the code needs testing before being deployed. The new system will be more efficient and fast.
- Fusion Gateway, The fusion gateway is the entry point for accessing the historical record of transactions and submitting new transactions on the fusion Blockchain. The reason behind this is stated to be the lag in the fusion gateway because bad actors are sending high volumes of RPC calls trying to execute attacks. As the PSN was launched a public gateway was setup by fusion. The performance of the gateway directly impacts Staking, the ticket purchasing function, and the Fusion Block Explorer. The gateway was later made available to public. Thus each node in the ecosystem accesses the historical record of transactions and submit new transactions via same entry point. Speed is the biggest issue here.
Chipping away at the problems
The foundation is considering few resolutions to fix the issue.
Setting up a gateway farm that is IP protected for fusion’s internal nodes, This enables other applications to run efficiently and smoothly.
Publishing a docker image that is both local gateway and staking node, so community members can easily set up their own private gateway to submit transactions faster for ticket purchasing. Community members will thus be encouraged to use their own local gateways which are the actual industrial standard.The Company is also considering setting up a public gateway farm that community members can access that will be more substantial than the single gateway currently available. This matter is however still to be discussed.