- Zcash team announced a major re-branding in their blog
- The name change should help to lessen the confusion between Zcash divisions
- The re-branding does not change the structure and goals of the company
Zcash team announced a major re-branding in their blog on February 21, 2019. From now on, the firm behind the Zcash (ZEC) is called Electric Coin Company, not Zcash company.
Eliminating the Confusion
The team states that one of the major reasons for the re-brand was the confusion caused by the old branding. Although the company called itself the Zcash Company, its actual name is Zerocoin Electric Coin Company, LLC, while Zcash is its cryptocurrency. Furthermore, the company was sometimes mixed up with the Zcash Foundation, which is a different organization with different team.
The new name should clear the things up, without changing anything in the company’s structure: its team and mission have stayed the same.
Company’s Goals and Strategy
The Electric Coin Company consists of approximately 30 people from around the world. It is still focused on building and supporting Zcash. In the future the company will continue to not only to improve the code, but also to invest in R&D, experimenting with novel solutions, some of which will not ever be included in the stable Zcash software builds. The company proudly states:
“This has been our mission from the very beginning, and we will continue to drive innovation and adoption.”
The duties of the company include developing and supporting the product by improving different aspects of Zcash, such as user experience, security and documentation, as well as boosting the adoption of the coin by managing press relations, translating content and providing education on Zcash at conferences in different parts of the world.
The full list of what the Electric Coin Company does can be found here.
The Consequences of the Re-branding
From this point forward, all the messaging and correspondence will be handled by the Electric Coin Company. The following changes will be made in the near future:
- The Electric Coin Company brand will be rolled out
- The information will be moved from the z.cash domain to a new domain, including information about the company and team as well as the company-maintained blog
- Company email addresses will be carried over to the new domain
- Social media accounts in Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook will be re-branded to showcase the new name