- TRON has announced the launch of the Sun Network testnet in their blog
- The network consists of smaller projects and is more energy efficient and scalable than the TRON mainnet
- Justin Sun used the launch to report the progress TRON has made in the last few months
TRON has announced the launch of the Sun Network testnet in their official blog. The network incorporates a number of smaller projects aimed at improving the scalability and energy efficiency of the TRON mainnet and its ecosystem.
Main benefits of the Sun Network
The network is a side chain of TRON’s mainnet that will improve the scaling potential of the whole TRON ecosystem, thus making it possible for dApps to use TRON in new ways.
The network consists of smaller projects, the most important of which is DAppChain.
It allows for higher energy efficiency, as well as better security and more efficient use of processing power for the on-chain operation of dApps, all while providing theoretically unlimited scaling capacity for the TRON mainnet – something that was needed due to the ever-growing growing transaction count. Other projects of the Sun Network include additional scaling solutions and cross-chain communications.
More technical details of Sun Network can be found here.
Busy Months of Development Ahead
Despite the testnet being launched just now, the TRON team already has a list of improvements that will be made to it in the near future. These include:
- Making dAppChain accessible through multiple Oracle node support
- Further improving decentralization
- Lowering Energy consumption by relieving the stress of freezing TRX for quality DApps without affecting the TRON mainnet
- Making the ecosystem more active than before
- Completing the toolset and improving the usability of the DAppChain
- Making it easier to migrate DApps from the main chain to side chain
TRON Boasting Impressive Stats
TRON founder Justin Sun used the launch of Sun Network testnet as an opportunity to report stellar performance statistics of TRON network. According to him, the network now has more than 3 million accounts, which made more than 410 million transactions. Sun also pointed out that since the launch of the TRON Virtual Machine in October 2018, more than 500 DApps launched on the network. He further commented:
“Moving on, the energy-saving, highly secure and efficient Sun Network will contribute to a more active ecosystem of TRON. Community developers will benefit from the network as well.”