- LINK (LN) paired with three major cryptocurrencies, i.e BTC, ETH, and USDT.
- Plans to airdrop the digital token to increase the awareness.
- Plans to integrate the use of LINK in the upcoming slew of dApps.
Japan based Instant messaging giant Line has successfully listed its native LINK (LN) digital token on its recently launched crypto exchange platform Bitbox. Although still in its infancy compared to other crypto exchange behemoths like Binance and Coinbase, Bitbox can be proud of being the first exchange to offer LINK token for trade to its users. This was confirmed in a press release, dated October 16, 2018.
LINK “Linked” with Three of the Major Digital Tokens
Line’s homegrown digital token LINK is paired with three major cryptocurrencies – i.e. Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH) and the US Dollar pegged Tether (USDT).
The launch of LINK cypto token on Bitbox exchange has been dubbed a “significant milestone” in the implementation of LINE’s planned token economy for the future. The move is also expected to increase LINE’s footprint in the rapidly developing crypto world.
On the occasion of launching LINK (LN) token, Bitbox is slated to hold numerous special airdrop events.
Launched in July this year, the Singapore based exchange platform offers trade in more than 30 cryptocurrencies – including Litecoin (LTC) and Bitcoin Cash (BCH). It’s worth noting that the exchange provides its services globally, except for the US and Japan.
As per the press release, a minimum of $5 worth of LINK tokens will be required to trade the nascent digital currency on Bitbox.
Sharing his optimism regarding the announcement, Line CEO, Takeshi Idezawa said:
“We think it is important to promote co-creation and mutual growth with Link, while ensuring Bitbox continues to develop as a user-friendly platform that adds value to those who use it and contribute to our services.”
Expansion on the Horizon
Mentioned in the official announcement, Line aims to expand both offline and online channels where users can pay and subsequently get rewarded in LINK tokens. These avenues include the upcoming array of LINE’s dApps in social, gaming and commercial domains.
Substantiating on the utility of their fresh token, Line pointed out the following uses of LINK token by service category:
1) Content: Payment for music, videos, and webtoons
2) Commerce: Payment for products/services, discount benefits, and payback
3) Social: In-app payment systems and wire transfers between individuals
4) Gaming: In-game trading and character improvements
5) Exchange: Payment of commissions, fee discounts and cryptocurrency trading at BITBOX