Splinterlands, the top-rated and most played game on the blockchain network has manifested that the licenses for its Validator Node will be up for sale from the 25th of May, 2022. The licenses will be operated on a Delegated Proof-of-Stake (PoS) model and would be available to the general public as well. The proposed sale is going to be held on the official website of Splinterlands and participants are requested to produce Splintershards (SPS) and vouchers in order to participate conveniently.
What Is A Validator Node?
A Validator Node, also known as Full Node, is a node responsible for the verification of consensus. It is a fundamental part of the Proof of Stake models and is mainly used for keeping a record of transactions and blocks of a blockchain.
A few weeks ago, Splinterlands announced that it is testing its SPS Validator Node software and plans to launch it in the last quarter of the ongoing year. Experts see this License sale as a part of this chain and forecast that it wants to make the launch at the earliest.
The Validator Node sale we are discussing right now is being comprehended as a landmark step for Splinterlands by the specialists. It is going to help it in achieving its goal of becoming a decentralized business framework in the longer run. The brand has already unveiled its plans some time ago to launch its DAO (Decentralized Autonomous Organization).
What Do The Officials Opine?
Liam Labistour, a senior official at the Splinterlands has been reported as saying that this sale is a major step towards achieving their long-term goals. Stating it as a move full of advantages, he expected that the fans’ participation in the project will be overwhelming and also act as a deflationary system for SPS to control the prices. He further said that they plan to burn almost 80 percent of nodes and only the remaining 20% tokens will be added to the Splinterlands DAO.
The managing partner of Blockchain Founders Fund, Aly Madhavji, shared his remarks that the gaming space is going to be led by Splinterlands. The latest development has uncovered its team’s inner desire to lead from the front.
How Does Splinterlands Intends To Make It Work?
The sale of Validator Nodes will commence in tranches and the number of required tokens for each license will keep on increasing after selling a few thousand licenses. The Hive blockchain-based game has already declared that the SPS software is going to be completely open-source and available for downloading to all and sundry without any constraints. The software doesn’t require any additional hardware as it is simple to run.
The system behind these nodes is Delegated proof-of-stake model is the SPS governance system. SPS holders who have staked their SPS can vote for Validator Node accounts to elect the members or entities responsible for validating all SPS transactions. Validators who have been elected will be able to receive additional SPS from a monthly pool of 375,000 SPS. The remaining 3,750,000 SPS each month will be shared among all validators.